Kung Fu translates to “Skill trough hard work”, and there is no acceptation here at Club Kung Fu. The secret to great success is practice and repetition. Therefore here are things to consider before coming to Club Kung Fu:
- If you are looking for a place where everyone is a winner – Club Kung Fu is not for you.
- If you are looking for trophies and tournaments – Club Kung Fu is not for you.
- If you are looking to be an MMA fighter – Club Kung Fu is not for you.
- If you are looking for achievement without hard work – Club Kung Fu is not for you.
- If you are looking for a “belt factory” – Club Kung Fu is not for you.
- If you are looking to live through your son or daughter – Club Kung Fu is not for you.
- If you want to have a white uniform and a black belt – Club Kung Fu is not for you.
If you want any or all of the above, there are plenty of martial art schools in the area that can provide those services. However,
- If you want to understand failure so you can better appreciate success,
- If you want a practical fighting system,
- If you want to develop good work and training habits,
- If you want you to understand responsibility of success lies within oneself,
- If you want to reach your true potential,
- If you want to wear a very cool uniform, then Club Kung Fu is right for you and we welcome you with open arms.
Similarly Great Grandmaster Ip Man passed on a Code of Conduct to all of his students:
- Remain disciplined – Conduct yourself ethically as a martial artist.
- Practice courtesy and righteousness – Serve the society and respect your elders.
- Love your fellow students – Be united and avoid conflicts.
- Limit your desires and pursuit of bodily pleasures – Preserve the proper spirit.
- Train diligently – Maintain your skills.
- Learn to develop spiritual tranquility – Abstain from arguments and fights.
- Participate in society – Be moderate and gentle in your manners.
- Help the weak and the very young – Use martial skills for the good of humanity.
- Pass on the tradition – Preserve this Chinese art and rules of conduct.
Here at Club Kung Fu we embody and live these principles.